This is another version of the military influenced NATO / ZULU watch strap. This one comes in two popular colour schemes – Bond Regimental (red, blue and olive green) and Bond Spectre (black & silver/grey). The main difference between this one and the other NATO Bond watch strap is the style and number of buckles. This strap features FIVE smooth “round” buckles, the other version has just three and they are flat and more rectangular.
Specification of this NATO/ZULU Watch strap
- Style – NATO strap in Bond Regimental colours (red, green, blue) & Bond Spectre colours (black & silver/grey)
- Length (in total excluding end buckle) – 29cm / 11.5 inches
- 13 pre-made (heat sealed) holes
- Will fit wrists from 16cm to 22cm
- Width – 20mm and 22mm
- Stainless Steel Buckles – 5 smooth / round (as shown in photos – 3 above and 2 below the watch)
Will it fit your watch
This strap is available from 18mm to 24mm. If you don’t know the width of your lugs measure them with a ruler or even better some digital calipers. Measure from LUG to LUG – the area where the strap sits housing the spring bars.
Important – FITTING instructions
Where the gap between the spring bar and watch case is LESS than 1.5mm (about the thickness of the strap) it may be necessary to remove the spring bars before fitting the strap. Normally simply slide the strap under the two spring bars. If the gap is too tight you may have to remove the spring bars to fit the new strap. FORCING the strap between the gap may damage the heat sealed holes. If in any doubt REMOVE the spring bars first. If the strap slides in without too much resitance that’s fine just pull it slowly through.