This page is dedicated to one of the most iconic watch ranges in dive watch history – the Omega Seamaster divers’ watches. Since 1957 this stunning timepiece has adourned the wrists of movie stars, celebrities, entrepeneurs, sports-stars and yes – even DIVERS. We start with some advice about buying an authentic Omega. After that we present a short history of these iconic watches. That is followed by a selection of the best Omega Seamaster watches currently on offer from our ⭐TRUSTED SELLERS⭐
All images are courtesy of Omega Watches and sellers as indicated
Omega Seamaster Range – 4 deep dive watches
Currently Omega have more than 50 different dive watches in their Seamaster range. As far as genuine dive watches (200m or deeper) are concerned they have 4 primary model lines. The Omega Seamaster Diver 300m, the Omega Seamaster 300 (rebirth of a classic model), the 600m certified Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean and finally the 1200m Omega Ploprof.
(all images courtesy of Kensington Gate Watches)
The first 300m water resistant dive watch
Omega launched their first official dive watch in 1948 – the Omega Seamaster – a name now synonymous with quality and underwater reliability. The first models utilised their many years producing military grade watches with high levels of water resistancy – not normally found on other watches of that time.
If it’s good enough for Jacques Cousteau
Fast forward 9 years to 1957 and we have their first 300m version. The Seamaster had most definitely arrived and quickly established itself as the must have watch for professional divers. In 1963 Jacques Cousteau – a renowned oceanographer & diver – wore the Seamaster 300. His entire team wore the watch throughout their Conshelf II experiments in the Red Sea – a very impressive endorsement indeed. The watch shown below is Omega’s reinterpretation of the original Seamaster 300. This particular model was for sale at Kensington Gate watches
Omega Dive Watches from our Trusted Sellers
Below we present a selection of certified authentic Omega Seamaster watches listed on eBay at the time of publication. This selection comes from two of our ⭐TRUSTED SELLERS⭐ Mark Worthington Jewellers and Kensington Gate Jewellers.
Mark Worthington – LIVE FEED examples
- Omega Planet Ocean 43.5mm 188.8.131.52.01.002 2021 UNWORNA Omega Planet Ocean 43.5mm 184.108.40.206.01.002 2021 UNWORN. This watch is for sale for £5,095.00. This certified authentic Omega watch is currently available from […]
- Omega Seamaster 300M 42mm 220.127.116.11.04.001 White Dial 42mm 2021 UNWORNA Omega Seamaster 300M 42mm 18.104.22.168.04.001 White Dial 42mm 2021 UNWORN. This watch is for sale for £4,070.00. This certified authentic Omega watch is […]
Full collection from Mark Worthington
Kensington Gate – LIVE FEED examples
- Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (150m) 41mm Co-Axial Automatic Watch (2017)A Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (150m) 41mm Co-Axial Automatic Watch (2017). This watch is for sale for £3,250.00. This certified authentic Omega watch is currently available from Kensington Gate Jewellers. Click button below to […]
- Omega Seamaster 42mm Co-Axial Automatic Watch – Blue Ceramic Bezel (2018)A Omega Seamaster 42mm Co-Axial Automatic Watch – Blue Ceramic Bezel (2018). This watch is for sale for £3,650.00. This certified authentic Omega watch is currently available from Kensington Gate Jewellers. Click button below […]
Full collection from Kensington Gate
Omega Diver 300m
Introduced in 1993 – the Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300m has established itself as a must have watch for everyone from athletes & sailors to celebrities and James Bond. From the outset it was clear the Diver 300m was going to be something special. In that same year professional diver – Roland Specker – achieved a world record freshwater free dive. On his way down to the world record of 80m he wore the new Omega Seamaster Diver 300m. The Diver 300m had arrived and established itself as a serious dive watch.
From there on the Diver 300 could be seen on the wrists of athletes, celebrities, divers and – of course – 007 James Bond. Here some highlights in those early days
- 1994 – winner of “watch of the year” – voted for by readers of the German magazine Armbanduhren
- 1995 – worn by the late Sir Peter Blake as the helmed “Team New Zealand” to victory in the Admiral’s Cup
- 1995 – enter Pierce Brosnan, James Bond 007 in Golden Eye equipped with his first ever Omega Bond watch.
LIVE FEED – Omega Diver 300m
Below is a small selection of Omega Seamaster Diver 300m for sale – all listed in the last couple of days. These watches are sourced from ALL sellers so please take care and buy only from sellers with a solid history and feedback over 98%. If in doubt, please scroll back up this page and source your watch from a ⭐TRUSTED SELLER⭐. Alternatively, for the widest choice, make your selection from the watches covered by the eBay Authentic Omega Guarantee ✅
- 20 22mm For OMEGA SeaMaster Diver 300m Watch Silicone Rubber Strap Band BlackA 20 22mm For OMEGA SeaMaster Diver 300m Watch Silicone Rubber Strap Band Black . This watch is for sale now for £17.99. This Omega Seamaster […]
- Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Chrono Auto Steel Mens Watch Date 22.214.171.124.01.001A Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Chrono Auto Steel Mens Watch Date 126.96.36.199.01.001. This watch is for sale now for £5,226.33. This Omega Seamaster Professional Diver’s 300 […]
- Omega Seamaster Diver 300m 007 Auto Titanium Mens Watch 188.8.131.52.01.001A Omega Seamaster Diver 300m 007 Auto Titanium Mens Watch 184.108.40.206.01.001. This watch is for sale now for £8,367.53. This Omega Seamaster Professional Diver’s 300 watch […]
- OMEGA Seamaster Professional Midsize 300M White Divers SS Watch – Mint, WarrantyA OMEGA Seamaster Professional Midsize 300M White Divers SS Watch – Mint, Warranty. This watch is for sale now for £1,535.25. This Omega Seamaster Professional Diver’s […]
Full collection of Omega Divers 300 for sale
Remove any risk when shopping for a Omega watch by purchasing it through a seller covered by the eBay Authenticity Guarantee ✅. Watches sold under this scheme are independently vetted for authenticity before being despatched to the customer. When it arrives it comes complete with a certificate proclaiming you are the proud owner of a genuine Omega Seamaster Diver
Omega Planet Ocean
At ChronoDivers.com we do have a favourite – and that’s the Planet Ocean. Whether it’s the aesthetic beauty, the distinctive arrowhead hands or the mechanical wizardry of the Omega Master Chronometer calibre 8900 visible through the transparent caseback. We don’t know for sure, it’s probably a culmination of everything that make this Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean one of the most desirable dive watches on the market.
LIVE FEED – Omega Planet Ocean
Below is a small selection of Omega Planet Ocean watches for sale this week. These watches are sourced from ALL sellers. Check the seller’s history and only buy from those with a feedback score over 98%. Whenever possibly chose a Planet Ocean covered by the eBay Authenticity Guarantee ✅ over one with no certification – better to pay a little more than lose hundreds on a fake! If in doubt, please shop from the HUNDREDS of eBay Certified Authentic Omega watches ✅
- Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 22005000 2500 XL = PX AvailableA Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 22005000 2500 XL = PX Available. This watch is for sale now for £4,750.00. This Omega Planet […]
- OMEGA Planet Ocean Seamaster – 21530442103001 – 2019 – Box and Papers – 43.5mmA OMEGA Planet Ocean Seamaster – 21530442103001 – 2019 – Box and Papers – 43.5mm. This watch is for sale now for […]
- Omega 220.127.116.11.01.001 Seamaster Planet Ocean Black Dial 2020 Box & PapersA Omega 18.104.22.168.01.001 Seamaster Planet Ocean Black Dial 2020 Box & Papers. This watch is for sale now for £4,435.00. This Omega […]
- ☆ OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean ☆ 2209.50 ☆ 2007 ☆A ☆ OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean ☆ 2209.50 ☆ 2007 ☆. This watch is for sale now for £3,400.00. This Omega Planet […]
Full collection of Omega Planet Ocean for sale
What to pay for a pre-owned Planet Ocean
Prices for an authentic previous owner Omega Planet Ocean vary widely from as low as £2,000 to as much as £7,000+. The high end market prices are for a clean Chronograph or GMT version with full set of box and papers. Expect to pay in excess of £3,000 for a good to excellent example of the regular Planet Ocean Co Axial 600m Chronometer (eg 2200.50.00) – anything less is great value (assuming all legit). The limited edition Bond versions are harder to find and command a higher resale value. For a very clean Omega Plant Ocean 007 Bond watch (eg. 22.214.171.124.01.004) expect to pay in the region of £6,000
A precision tool with Master Chronometer status
Everything about the Planet Ocean is a blatant statement in quality and master craftsmanship. The watch has been certified by The Swiss Federal Insitute of Metrology to Master Chronometer status, a highly regarded award. And rightly so, to achieve such an accolade a watch must be subjected to, and naturally PASS, 8 rigorous tests.
Omega Seamaster 300
Omega introduced the original Omega Seamaster 300 in 1957. Designed specifically for divers and professionals who worked underwater. Half a century later and this classic timepiece makes a comeback. Now completely upgraded and enhanced – ready for a new generation of adventurers.
Don’t confuse this Omega Seamaster 300 (shown above) with the Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300m or the Seamaster Planet Ocean. A quick glance at any of these models should be time enough to determine which model it is. If BOTH hands have arrowhead pointers – it’s an Omega Planet Ocean. If ONLY the hour hand has the arrowhead it’s the Seamaster 300 – featured here. The Seamaster Diver 300m is totally different with distinctive skeletal (hollow) hands. Scroll down for more information on model recognition.
LIVE FEED – Omega Seamaster 300
Below is a small selection of Omega Seamaster 300 for sale this week. Whenever possible try to source your watch from a seller covered by the eBay Authenticity Guarantee ✅ . If in doubt, please return to the top of this pager and source your watch from a ⭐TRUSTED SELLER⭐ or browse all watches covered under the eBay Certified Authentic Omega watches
- OMEGA Seamaster300 126.96.36.199.01.001 1957 Trilogy Automatic Men’s Watch_635201A OMEGA Seamaster300 188.8.131.52.01.001 1957 Trilogy Automatic Men’s Watch_635201. This watch is for sale now for £5,271.14. An Omega Seamaster 300 diver’s watch currently available from […]
- Omega Seamaster 1957 Trilogy Watch Limited.A Omega Seamaster 1957 Trilogy Watch Limited. . This watch is for sale now for £6,500.00. An Omega Seamaster 300 diver’s watch currently available from a […]
- OMEGA SEAMASTER RAILMASTER ‘THE 1957 TRILOGY’ WRISTWATCH 184.108.40.206.01.002A OMEGA SEAMASTER RAILMASTER ‘THE 1957 TRILOGY’ WRISTWATCH 220.127.116.11.01.002. This watch is for sale now for £5,090.00. An Omega Seamaster 300 diver’s watch currently available from […]
- Omega Seamaster 300 Trilogy 2017A Omega Seamaster 300 Trilogy 2017. This watch is for sale now for £5,300.00. This Omega Seamaster 300 diver’s watch is currently available on eBay UK. […]
Full collection of Omega Seamaster 300 for sale
If extreme depth is an essential requirement then the watch that goes deeper than most is the Omega Ploprof. The Ploprof is a term adopted by Omega for their 1200m water resistant profesional divers watch. Accordingly, the watch’s name says it all – Ploprof – is an abbreviation of the French for professional diver – plongeur professionnel.
An Omega Dive watch for the Deepest Dives
When first introduced in 1970 it was rated to 600m. The new version – released in 2016 – is rated to 1200m. Featuring a titanium with ceramic bezels (some models) and the OMEGA Co-Axial and Master Chronometer calibres. The new Omega Ploprof assures it’s lucky owner of the highest levels of accuracy and reliability.
LIVE FEED – Omega PloProf
A selection of Omega PloProf dive watches listed for sale this week. These watches are sourced from ALL sellers – please shop carefully and collect as much information and provenance as possible from the seller . If in doubt, please return to the top of this page and buy your watch from a ⭐TRUSTED SELLER⭐ – better still – browse HUNDREDS of eBay Certified Authentic Omega watches here ✅
- Omega ploprof 600 original bezel 082st0001A Omega ploprof 600 original bezel 082st0001. This watch is for sale now for £498.61. An Omega PloProf professional diver’s watch currently available from a […]
- Omega Seamaster Ploprof ‘The Grand’ 166.093A Omega Seamaster Ploprof ‘The Grand’ 166.093. This watch is for sale now for £16,450.00. An Omega PloProf professional diver’s watch currently available from a […]
- Omega Ploprof Famous Diver Wirstwatch, ref. no. 166077 from 1970’sA Omega Ploprof Famous Diver Wirstwatch, ref. no. 166077 from 1970’s. This watch is for sale now for £8,055.36. An Omega PloProf professional diver’s watch […]
- Omega Seamaster Ploprof 1200 M 18.104.22.168.01.002 Steel Automatic Watch, 2010A Omega Seamaster Ploprof 1200 M 22.214.171.124.01.002 Steel Automatic Watch, 2010. This watch is for sale now for £8,040.00. An Omega PloProf professional diver’s watch […]
Full collection of Omega Ploprof for sale
What to pay for a pre-owned Omega Ploprof
Expect to pay somewhere in the region of £5,000 to £12,000 for a standard Omega Ploprof (steel case, black rubberised dive strap or Omega “shark” bracelet, black face and bezel with orange helium release valve). Moreover, the difference in price takes in to consideration condition, provenance, age, service intervals (if any) and whether it comes with box, papers etc. As with all these luxury watches – there is always a remote chance it may be a fake so only buy a watch covered by the eBay Authenticity Guarantee ✅
Recognising Different Seamaster watch models
A glance at any of the current models should be time enough to determine which stable it belongs to. If BOTH hands have arrowhead pointers – it’s an Omega Planet Ocean. If just the hour hand has the arrowhead it’s the Seamaster 300. But, when the hands are hollow, with a triangular luminous marker on the minute hand and round luminous marker on the hour hand, it’s a Seamaster Diver 300m. However, when it’s an Omega Ploprof … it’s obvious with it’s distinctive helium release valve. More detail below ….
Confused between models?
If you are finding it hard to distinguish between the dif[ferent Omega models – in particular the Omega Seamaster 300, the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m and the Planet Ocean hopefully this will help.
Omega Seamaster 300 hands – hour hand arrow
If you are looking to buy an Omega Seamaster 300 you are interested in – please check the hands look like these above. Just the hour hand with the arrowhead – the minute hand has no arrowhead. We see about 50 – 75% of eBay listings wrongly referring to the Diver 300m as a Seamaster 300. They are both great watches – but please ensure you are getting what you want.
Omega Seamaster Diver 300m – hollow hands
The Omega Seamaster Diver 300m is far more common than the Seamaster 300. It’s clearly distinguishable from the others with it’s hollow hands. One with triangular luminous tip (minute hand) and the hour hand with a round luminous marker
Omega Planet Ocean hands – two arrowheads
These are the hands of an Omega Planet Ocean. Both hands are solid and both terminate in a luminous arrowhead.
Note > Omega do have some exceptions to these general rules such as limited edition models and such like. This is a just an “at a glance” guide.
Competition, innovation and progression
At that time, in the 1950’s and early 60’s the competition between luxury watch makers was intense. As well as Omega, the other main innovators for diving watch technology were Rolex, with the Rolex Submariner in 1953, Blancpain with their Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and Breitling with their Breitling SuperOcean dive watch in 1957. We should be grateful for this period of innovation and competition as it’s brought us the classic diver’s watches we all love and aspire to own.
Authorised UK Omega dealer
Our online shopping partner is an authorised UK Omega dealer. Shop with confidence at Goldsmiths. Relax with the assurance of a genuine Omega Seamaster Diver 300m or Omega Planet Ocean watch from an authorised dealer
This is what our shopping partners say about the Omega Seamaster range …
“Committed to creating world-class timepieces with astonishing functionality, OMEGA watches continue to be at the forefront of innovation. Designed with sportspeople in mind, the prestigious brand has been the timekeeper of choice for many major sporting eventsGoldmsiths.com
Gallery of Omega Seamaster Dive Watches
The watches shown below have all been sold by our trusted sellers. Watches marked KG were sold by Kensington Gate. Watches marked MW were sold by Mark Worthington